Sunday, October 16, 2011

Little Helper



Paige has taken a liking to helping me fold laundry in the last couple months.  She pulls clothes off the top of the pile and hands them to me, she's always so proud when I say "thank you".  It's amazing to watch her change and I feel myself bursting with pride over the smallest things.  We were playing the other day and I was trying to get to to say "baby" and she said "bebe"...I was so excited for her and her face light up!  She loves getting praise when she does something right, and I love seeing the reaction of pride on her face and in her body language.
I was looking at pictures last night and reflecting how on much life has changed since I decided to quit my job and stay home.  Paige and I have formed a bond like no other, it feels so good that I'm her "go to" person for everything.  Being a stay at home mom is great and I must say it's way more work than working outside the home (in my opinion anyway).  Being with Paige pays off much more than a paycheck and the bonuses with her are unreal.  Although some days are tough, I truly feel blessed to be able to spend my days with her.  I can't imagine what life was like before her, what did I do with all my time?  Her hugs melt my heart, her giggle can almost bring me to tears because it's so beautiful, the way her face lights up when I get her out of her crib in the morning makes it totally worth getting up at 5:45am and hearing her say "momma" is a true gift!  As you can tell I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment