Thursday, February 16, 2012

Long Days...

For some reason the last couple days have seemed long, it could be the cold weather or the fact that Ryan is traveling again. The mornings have been good and seem to fly by but the afternoons have been dragging. Paige is at an age where she's very busy, she's such a good girl and rarely causes much trouble. That being said, she has learned to climb on the furniture and likes to run around like a crazy person on the couch, love seat and chair. She took a tumble off the chair the other day and I couldn't catch her in time...there were a lot of tears and I thought it might have been a good learning lesson. Within 2 minutes she was back up on the chair acting crazy. I feel like I finally got the main living area childproofed and I didn't have to worry about her getting into trouble, but I guess her little life is ever changing and she's exploring new things every day.
While in the dollar section at Target I came across several Elmo things (she still loves Elmo). One of the things was Elmo flash cards about shapes and colors...who knew that would be so fun! Tonight she sat and looked at all of cards while I made dinner. It was nice to see her sit and enjoy looking at the cards instead of climbing on the couch :). She talked to herself about the pictures and would yell "momma" every once and a while and hold up a card to show me the picture. It was really cute, after we finished dinner we sat together and talked about the cards. We sorted them out and she thought that was pretty cool. After we were done she sang the "clean-up" song and put them back in the box. I was very impressed.  Today I am thankful for the dollar section at Target!

(I feel like all my pictures are "action shots" these days, this girl is always one the move)

No comments:

Post a Comment