Thursday, May 10, 2012

Watching...

I've noticed so many things in the last couple days, I feel like I'm watching a true toddler instead of a baby. It makes me happy to see her growing and developing all her new skills. We went to the park this afternoon and watching her climb, slide and run around was great. I found a "toddler" park, it's not as huge as the big parks and there are not as many options to fall from 5 foot ledges. I felt free to let her run and crawl around the tunnels, knowing she wouldn't take a major tumble.
On the other hand I've also been watching my sweet little girl "test" me. She suddenly has selective hearing, I knew this would happen sooner or later. She pushed me several times today and I finally had to give a time-out this evening. It was heartbreaking, she was crying and yelling "sorry mama". My heart told me to go in and scoop her up out of her crib and hug/kiss her, but my mind kept saying to stick to my guns. It worked, she didn't test me at all the rest of the night.
She's growing up so quick and pointing out everything, I get the play-by-play every time we're in the car. She tells me everything she sees "look, horses...look, yellow school bus...look, lady walking...look, motorcycle...look, train" I could go on and on. On our way to ECFE this morning she noticed that a dog was sticking it's head out the window of the car next to us. This was unreal to her, she kept saying over and over "dog got head out window" and laughing hysterically. The bad part was when the car turned into the gas station and she couldn't see the dog anymore...oh boy was she mad and cried the rest of the car ride!
She's my little buddy and I feel blessed to spend my days with her. Some days are hard, some days are easy but every day is totally worth while. I love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment