Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A trip to the mall

Paige and I took a trip to Mall of America yesterday. She woke up early and it looked like another rainy day, I figured why not take a trip to the mall! I decided to pack a backpack instead of carrying a diaper bag and I didn't bring her stroller. I thought it would be the perfect place for her to run and explore and I was right. It felt so good to go on a little "adventure" with my sweet girl, and even better that I didn't have 3 bags and a stroller. It was so great to watch her run and explore and run some more.
I kept telling her what a big girl she was and she was so proud! She sat in a "big girl chair" rather than a high-chair at lunch and didn't suck her thumb at all (I told her that big girls didn't suck their thumb at the mall). There was a special twinkle in her eye and it meant so much to let her be a "big girl", I see more trips like that in our future.We had lunch at noodles and even made a quick trip to Ikea on our way home. She took a 2 hour nap so I  know she was tuckered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment