Friday, August 24, 2012

Bedtime...

I must say I was dreading the transition of bedtime after our family vacation. We decided to try the "sleep training" technique to teach Paige to stay in her bed and fall asleep on her own. We were doing all the things I never thought we'd do as parents...rubbing her back, laying on the floor of her room until she fell asleep...repeat. It was a long process, sometimes up to 45 minutes! Then in the middle of the night it would happen again, let me tell you sleeping on the floor at age 34 is much different then it was when I was a kid! I would often fall asleep out of complete exhaustion and wake up hours later with a horrible hip ache or major kink in my back. I'm hopeful that those days are over! Tonight it only took one time of her getting out of bed, and me leading her back to her bed...so proud of her. I can tell she's sleeping better too, here's to hoping she'll sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment