Thursday, September 20, 2012

Building Pride...

I've started a new little twist to our bedtime routine. I've been picking one "good deed" that Paige has done during the day and telling her how proud I am of her for it. It can be as little as being gentle with the neighbor dog or as big as helping me get chores done around the house. It's amazing how proud she is of herself. I'm hoping this will promote more "happy moments" during the day and less fake crying over silly things. I guess only time will tell, and me giving her a compliment every night can only lift her confidence...who doesn't want a compliment about something nice they've done. I especially love that after I tell her she always says "mommy, you happy?"

She's my precious girl...especially for always letting me take her picture! 



No comments:

Post a Comment