Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rodeo

If you would have told me that I'd be taking my sweet little girl to a rodeo at age 2 I think I would have laughed. Things change when you have kids, it's more about watching the twinkle in their eye then about yourself. Paige really likes horses and her daddy really likes rodeos, so we decided to make a go of it. I can honestly say that I had a fun time too! Not because I like rodeos, but because I was able to see that special twinkle in her eyes and the look of complete happiness on her little face. She rode a pony, not once but 3 times and would have gone about 100 more times if we gave her the chance! She specifically wanted to ride the white pony and waited for it until the other kids were done. She's got an opinion and she makes it known (spoiled much?).
While we waited for the rodeo to start she danced her little heart out and had all the people around us giggling. She pulled out moves that I'd never seen before, I've never seen her so happy! She was on cloud 9! I will say that she wasn't happy about the bucking broncs, she saw a cowboy get bucked off his horse and she nearly lost her mind! She was crying so hard that I thought we were going to have to leave right then and there. Luckily, she's easily distracted by snacks. She cried for a few minutes and then snapped out of it, we distracted her for the rest of that competition and prayed something calm like barrel racing was up next!




 Matching hair!








No comments:

Post a Comment