Saturday, January 5, 2013

Potty Training Day 3

Well, day 3 was a success in my books. She only had two accidents yesterday and I told her that Ryan and I would take her to the ice cream shop if she had a good "potty" day. She did a great job so away we went. The decision was, do I leave her in underwear or put her in a pull-up? I decided a pull-up was the way to go, I told her it's her special big girl underwear. I reminded her that she still had to tell us if she had to go potty, and that the ice cream shop had a potty just like our house. She agreed and we were on our way. She told Ryan and I that she was getting vanilla...Ryan was getting chocolate and somehow I was getting strawberry (my least favorite). When we got there we tried a few flavors and settled in with our cones, about 5 minutes into eating she stopped talking and looked at me with a sad look. She said "mommy, I'm peeing my pants". At that moment I was beyond happy that she was wearing a pull-up! We still have a lot to work on, but I was glad we could reward her for such all her hard work (and mine)....we both deserved our ice cream cones!  

Note how tired we both look...potty training is hard work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment