Saturday, January 5, 2013

Potty training is a lot of work...

Nobody told me that potty training would be this much work. Paige started off strong and has been slowly declining, I'm  hoping tomorrow will be a better day and we can start fresh. I feel sort of defeated and yet I know it's my own fault. Paige had several accidents today, but we were busy with family and friends. No matter the amount of reminders it just didn't seem to sink in. She has also started to resist pooping in the potty and that IS NO FUN to clean up out of underwear!
It's hard for her AND it's hard for us as parents to not want to throw in the towel. I keep reminding myself that it's a process and we'll be dealing with it for a while. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a good night sleep will help all of us get back on track. I know she can do this, we just have to stick to it!
We had our neighbors over for the game tonight and Paige had fun with her buddy Ava. Ava even sat by her and read books in hopes that Paige would go poop on the potty (which unfortunately didn't work). She's a year older then Paige and such a sweet little girl. I'm happy to know that she'll have such a nice little girl to play with when she gets older.



No comments:

Post a Comment